How Much Weight Can You Lose With Medical Weight Loss?
If you are struggling to lose weight, keep the weight off, or simply find a diet and exercise regimen that you can stick to, you are certainly not alone. Millions of men and women have difficulties with weight loss, which is often a lifelong battle. In rare cases, at-home methods do result in a long-term, stable weight loss. For the most part, however, patients ultimately gain their weight back and start the cycle all over again. Medical weight loss through a monitored program is, undoubtedly, one of the most successful strategies for achieving healthy, safe, and sustainable weight loss. The knowledgeable team at Body Bar MD, led by board-certified physician and weight loss expert Dr. Christy Watson (aka Dr. Christy), is proud to offer fully customizable medical weight loss programs in both Carmel and Terre Haute, IN to help patients reach their ultimate weight loss goals with long-lasting, life-changing results. Discover how a medical weight loss program may benefit you, including how many pounds you may expect to lose over the course of your treatment.
What is medical weight loss?
Unlike at-home exercise and diet plans, medical weight loss involves a comprehensive, multi-faceted menu of services that are custom tailored to meet the needs and goals of each individual patient. Medically supervised weight loss is known to be much more successful in terms of achieving safe, sustainable weight loss versus self-guided programs, thanks to the advanced tools and technologies used as well as close monitoring by a licensed weight loss physician. At both of Body Bar MD’s convenient locations in Terre Haute and Carmel, IN, Dr. Christy offers personalized medical weight loss programs that address a patient’s struggles and goals from every angle, including:
- Diet: By assessing your current BMI, nutritional status, lifestyle, underlying medical conditions, and a number of additional factors, Dr. Christy will curate a customized diet plan that meets your needs and will help you reach your goal in a healthy and sustainable way. In some cases, Dr. Christy may recommend incorporating the Robard New Direction nutrition system into your medical weight loss program.
- Behavioral modification: During your initial consultation, Dr. Christy will evaluate quantitative factors, such as your weight, BMI, and body measurements (using the InBody 720 scanner). In addition, Dr. Christy will take ample time to discuss your history of dieting and weight loss, eating habits, and other psychological and emotional issues. Using this information, Dr. Christy can appropriately advise you on behavioral modifications that can help you to begin making healthier choices and long-term lifestyle changes.
- Counseling: One-on-one counseling, including emotional support, medical advice, and progress monitoring is a critical element for any successful medical weight loss program. By having a professional to guide and encourage you through each step of the process, your weight loss goals can finally be attainable.
- Medication: For some patients, Dr. Christy may prescribe certain medications to help aid in the various aspects of medical weight loss.
Who qualifies for medical weight loss?
A medically supervised weight loss program can help virtually any patient who has realistic expectations and a strong desire to reach their goals. For some patients, medical weight loss is a solution for losing a significant amount of weight – up to 100 pounds or more – while other men and women seek medical weight loss programs to help maintain the weight loss they have already achieved.
How fast do you lose weight with medical weight loss?
The amount of weight you may lose, as well as your rate of weight loss, will depend heavily on a number of personal factors, including:
- Starting weight
- Exercise regimen
- Personal goals
- Underlying medical conditions
- Commitment to the program
On average, patients may expect to lose between 1 – 5 pounds per week, though this number can vary from person to person. Following your initial consultation, Dr. Christy will be able to discuss your personal weight loss potential and help set realistic goals and milestones for your treatment plan.
How long is a medical weight loss program?
Because medical weight loss strives to create long-term, sustainable changes in behavior and lifestyle, most patients can expect their medical weight loss program to last for several weeks or months, or even longer.
Lose weight and keep it off with a customized medical weight loss program in Carmel, IN
Whether you need to lose 50% of your body weight or simply keep off 5 – 10 pesky pounds, medically supervised weight loss can help. Call the award-winning team at Body Bar MD, with convenient locations in Carmel and Terre Haute, IN, to schedule your private consultation with board-certified physician and weight loss expert Dr. Christy Watson today, and win the battle of the bulge!